Saturday, June 23, 2012

BLUE DRESSER REDO IS ALMOST DONE


Here is the project taking up my spare time the last couple of days.
It's an old dresser we had that was green (sorry all you color green fans, ha) and we needed it in the bedroom which is blue and white.  So I cleaned it up and got out the cans of spray paint.

Dresser being painted
I sprayed it a navy blue.  It was a pretty easy process.  The dresser itself was easy as it didn't really require any covering, I just removed the drawers and painted.  It took several coats, spray, let dry, spray again, but it wasn't bad.  Side note, I love painting at the farm, I can just plop it down in the yard and paint away, no worries of over spray getting on something "nearby".

Dresser drawer being painted
The drawers required a bit more preparation.  I got out some painters tape and a trash bag (hey, it's all I had on hand at the time) and covered everything but the front and edges.  Sprayed them as well.  Then came the hardest part.  I knew for weeks I would be painting this blue but I could NOT find the right knobs.  I went everywhere looking for them.  There are six, two on each drawer and it seems every time I found a style that might possibly match, there would only be two, or three, or five.  Ugh.

Blue and white comforter
This is why they had to be JUST right.  I wanted something that matched this comforter set that we got last Fall.  It is the focal point of the bedroom and what everything is being decorated around so I figured that eventually, the perfect knobs would find their way to me.

Blue/white ceramic knobs from Hobby Lobby
Today, on a whim, we stopped in a Hobby Lobby in a part of town we don't normally go to, and found these!  I think they are a pretty perfect choice don't you?  They are ceramic, a nice size, have a hand painted look to them, and best of all, they were 50% off.  Oh, and guess how many they had?  SIX!

I'll finish it up this week and post pics of it in it's new home.  For now I'm basking in the glow of a shopping mission accomplished!

22 comments:

  1. That bedding is PERFECT for a farmhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew it was what I wanted when I saw it. The colors were perfect and the design was cool without being too "foo foo", lol. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. OMG, I LOVE those knobs, and they match that bedding so well. You know, some cobalt blue glass would be a nice compliment to some of your milkglass. Can't wait to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't have been luckier. They really look like they were made for it, ha. Yes, I've been thinking of cobalt blue glass as accessories. Unfortunately, I don't have any. Lots of milk glass though. I guess I need to get to the thrift store, ha.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You know, I've never had a "blue" decorated room before. So this is new to me but I'm loving it too! :-)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait until you post the finished product. I really like this dresser and I think the new knobs will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get it done this week. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  5. Well I would say perfect... what luck finding those knobs! Can't wait to see the finished project in the room! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, luck was on my side for sure. Should finish it this week, of course the room is still a work in progress, ha.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely the perfect match! You are the luckiest guy alive, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be lucky if I could have gotten the garden (at the farm) ready by Spring, lol. But hey, in this heat, I'm enjoying doing stuff inside too. Thanks Granny!

      Delete
  7. I love little serendipities like that! There you were looking and not finding, then on a whim...Ta-Da! Perfect! I reckon they are the best ones for your chest of drawers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool how that works out isn't it? How many other things like that are in front of us daily and we miss it? Yep, they are the ones for the cabinet, huh? ;-)

      Delete
  8. couple of red pillows and flowers and a flag and that room could morph into a perfect 4th of July decor. Good job on the dresser and choice of knobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that's too funny, we were thinking of some red in there and maybe going for an "Americana" type theme. Might be kind of cool. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  9. Great job FM! I Love those knobs and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I forgot to say, they were 50% off of course, but the original price was $3 each (still a bargain at that price) but this made them $1.50 each. An even BETTER deal, ha.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I just about spit my drink all over my screen! LMAO! Thank you! *awww, shucks*

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous. How lucky can a guy get?????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! Yes, sometimes I think everything is working out just like it's supposed to. ;-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!