Saturday, June 30, 2012

OPEN SHELF STORAGE FOR DISHES

Open storage
With the distinct lack of larger wall mounted cabinets in our kitchen, we decided to use the open portion of the yellow hutch (baskets above!) as the storage for our dishes. This is a service for 8 that we had in storage to sell at a future garage sale.  This was before we bought the farmhouse.  Anyway, the last time I was at the storage unit, I found the box of them and took them all out to the farm.  They will be perfect for use out there.

We've never done this before but I think we like it.  It looks good and neatly organized, it shows you everything you have all at once and it will be easy (once we start hosting dinners at the farm of course) to just grab the dishes we need and walk to the table.  Anyway, do any of you have open storage like this?


Off to the farm today, to enjoy some truly relaxing time.


More later!  Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing!

9 comments:

  1. 1st Man - because we have the tiniest kitchen known to man and because it has 3 cupboards - yes - we built additional shelving everywhere that we could. all of it is currently open but we do plan to eventually put cupboard door things on them. that's only because it's not dishes that we are storing on these shelves - it's food and pots and pans and mismatched tupperware, etc.

    i love open storage for dishes and yours looks great! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I totally hear ya. It's always good to have a few closed door cupboards, so you can hide that stuff. We have plenty of it too. I was lucky all these dishes match and they fit the space perfectly, ha. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. No, but looking at yours makes me want to rip my cupboard doors off :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL now don't go doing something crazy!!!! :-)

      Delete
  3. I always liked open storage...but never had it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny i always did too and now we have it, ha. There are more open shelves in the kitchen, I'll have to share those pics when we do something with them.

      Delete
  4. Sadly, my daughter would NEVER put the dishes away like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I totally understand. I'm sure if my Mom had done this when I was little I'd thought she was crazy, ha.

      Delete
  5. I love open storage, yes, you have to keep it neat and tidy, but it has such a lovely cottage look and feel to it. I have plans to have a lot of open storage when I eventually do my kitchen. Sleek, modern units with everything hidden away have their place in some houses, but for a real working, country or farmhouse kitchen, I think nothing beats what you have.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!