Wednesday, June 6, 2012

UPDATE WITH EYE CANDY


I'm sorry for my lack of posting the last few days, and especially replying to comments.  I've been spending more time at the farm during the day, after making trips to the storage unit on the way.  While I do have my iPad out there so I can keep up with things, it's just easier to sit down and blog when I am back on the laptop.  Unfortunately, I've been getting home late and I'm kind of tired then, ha.  But I'll keep you updated as I can.

They are calling for rain the next two days, and while we need it, it will bring a halt to my outside work and might keep me from driving out there.  I also may have an unexpected job interview either tomorrow or Friday, so fingers crossed for that.  Someone who knew I was available, found a possible opportunity for me and let me know about it.  It's nice to have people watching out for me, including all of you with your wonderful comments, they are much appreciated!

Texas Wildflowers
Until then, enjoy this eye candy.  No, not THAT kind of eye candy, "gardening" eye candy!   Specifically, these Texas wildflowers that I saw on the road to the farm yesterday.  I can't remember what these are called, but the red is certainly striking, especially when mixed in with the bright yellow.  Wildflower season is almost over, so in another month or so, it will just be green.  I really enjoy the vibrant colors of Spring, that's for sure.  Nature is so inspiring.

17 comments:

  1. I interviewed fr a counseling position in Luling yesterday. Hope your job opportunity goes as good. You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope your interview went well. Mine is still pending, have done a phone interview, but the face to face will be next week. Sigh. Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!!

      Delete
  2. A post with 'eye candy' in the title should have a few pictures of Jensen Ackles in there. Just sayin.....;)

    Good luck with the interview. I will be crossing my fingers for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supernatural!! I agree. Of course then the blog might turn into something it's not supposed to be, lol.

      Thank you for the fingers crossing, so far so good... :-)

      Delete
  3. I think the red are mexican hats but that might not be pc anymore so probably "Non-caucasion" headwear.

    Either way. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's funny!!! Ha!! Made me laugh out loud. I'm not sure but that's a possibility!!

      Delete
  4. Good luck at your interview, crossing everything I can. (it's hard to see with your eyes crossed, btw...just sayin')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your interview - don't worry, we will all be here when you have time to "talk" to us : )
    The flowers look like red and yellow Rubeckia to me. Sometimes, known as "Black eyed Susan" - well they are in the UK at least. Have a great rest of week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Y'all are so great. It could be Rubeckia or a form of it, they are a bit smaller though. But maybe that's because these are wild? Not sure.

      Thank you again, it means a lot to me!

      Delete
  6. Yay for the interview!!

    I believe the flowers are Black Eyed Susan and Indian Paintflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You mean Indian Paintbrush? I know it's not that, but paintflowers might be something different, I'll have to google it, ha.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did mean Paintbrush. Forgive my little blonde brain!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I guess we all have different preferences for eye candy, huh? LOL!

      Delete
  8. last year I bought some "american " wild flower seeds in a packet and planted them in my field borders... this year a few have started to flower, though not as many as I would have liked... oh for a meadow like this one....
    ps and as for eye candy how about Josh lucas or thomas jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those darn American seeds, ha. The funny thing is, these just grow wild, springing up on the sides of roads and in fields. If we tried to plant them on purpose here, it probably would be the same results (or lack there of) as you have.

      And p.s. Yes and yes. ;-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!