Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TIME FLIES, FROM WALL TO WALL


You may remember when I put my grandparent's old clock on the wall in our living room at the farm?  Well, recently, 2nd Man was reunited, after about 10 years, with his brother and his brother's family.  It wasn't anything negative, just busy lives and drifting apart.  Well, he introduced me to him and I was welcomed into the family as well.  It was a very touching moment for me since I grew up with no siblings and therefore, no nieces/nephews either.  Now I feel like I have some!  2nd Man is very happy to be back in touch with his brother and his niece and nephews.  They have even added a great nephew now!


Anyway, when we were over there recently for a graduation party, his brother surprised us as we were leaving by giving us this clock that belonged to their grandmother.  Since he knew we have the farm (he has visited the blog), he wanted us to have it for use out there.  Needless to say, I wanted to get it put up in the perfect spot.  It has a wonderful chime, so we decided to switch it out with the one I had already put up and hung it in the living room.  That way, we can enjoy hearing it all over the front part of the house.  This was a very thoughtful gift and I'm so very happy we have it at the farm.



As for the one I had, I moved it to the dining room, and put it above this stand.  It's kind of fitting in fact, because at my grandparent's house, it always hung in the dining room!  Now we each have a piece of our childhood memories, and something from our Grandparents, at the farmhouse.
I believe everything is where it should be!

9 comments:

  1. awwww...don't you just love when things are serendipitous? Glad y'all have reconnected with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful for Second Man to be re-connected with his brother and his brother's family! and i am super glad that you were welcomed in too - now you have little nieces and nephews to spoil and play with - woohoo! both clocks are awesome and they both look fantastic! win-win all around!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a win win all the way around! Didn't think about it like that. Ha, they aren't little though, 2 are in their 20's and one is 15. But hey, family is family, right? ;-)

      Delete
    2. buddy - it's gonna be hard to hold down the 20yr year olds and play "kootchie-kootchie - let me tickle you" but i think that you just might be able to do it - oh bahahahahahahaha! oh those poor 20 yr olds - bahahahahah!

      Delete
  3. It's a beautiful old clock, and it fits right into the farmhouse. It's a good thing you've fixed up that guest bedroom. I suspect you're going to have some good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does (well they both do) fit so well It's a good thing. And speaking of, yes, probably a good thing we've got the whole house more or less fixed up, ha. Never thought about that. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!