Wednesday, June 20, 2012

GOTTA LOVE CATS


I just love how cats find the most awkward (to us anyway) places to sleep.

This is one of our cats, Hobart...he was sleeping/sunning himself the other day on the 2 inch wide ledge of a double hung window!  How you might ask?  Well, he gets up on the bed, jumps up to the headboard which backs up against the window, and walks along the top of the headboard until he gets to the curtain.  Then he pulls the curtain back with his paw (hand?) and gets in behind it, utilizing the fabric as a hammock to support his (ample) back end.  He leans up against the glass window and stretches out his front legs on the top part of the lower window frame and goes to sleep.

He gets some sunshine, a nice view of the birds, and a comfy place to sleep for a few hours...I get to vacuum the curtains once a week.

Still, I wouldn't trade the little furball for anything in the world.

16 comments:

  1. wonderful! way to go Hobart! that's one very smart furball :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty smart huh? He's so cute too when he's doing it, so who can be mad, lol.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is so cute. They are much smarter than we give them credit for huh? That's just cute. I love cats too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Yeah, he's cute, we'll keep him, HAHA!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are pretty awesome huh? I love when yours makes an appearance in your videos, ha. A star is born!

      Delete
  4. cats are the smartest animals on the earth. and the dumbest! but because they are so cute - we're stuck with them! little hobart is gorgeous!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Or are they just "playing" dumb so they can take over the world? Bwahahahah!

      I'll tell Hobart what you said.

      Delete
  5. So sweet! And he's looking so majestically lion-like, posed against that pretty curtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, he is lion like huh? I love when they sleep like that. And that eyes half open half closed lazy kind of day...I want to be a cat like that! :-)

      Delete
  6. Adore cats and want one and a friendly dog so badly. I love that a cat rules, a cat isn't owned but is the owner and believes himself to be in charge (which he is of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME! And so very true. I hope you get your cat (and friendly dog) someday soon! They really do make the world a better place. When you least expect it, one will find it's way into your life.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!