Friday, August 10, 2012

SEEDS OF THE MONTH


Yesterday was the arrival of more seeds from the SEEDS OF THE MONTH club.

For this batch, I received three vegetables and an herb:

Dill, "Mammoth Long Island"
Spinach, "Bloomsdale Long Standing"
Radish, "China Rose"
Carrot, "Chantenay Red Core"

As always, I like to share and put these varieties out there to you all and ask for tips, suggestions.  Next Spring (or this Fall) when I plant them, I can look back on the blog and see what ideas you all had for me and put them to good use.

Until then, I'll put them into my SEED STORAGE VAULT with all the others and await their planting time.

6 comments:

  1. Good selection and definitely useful. And you can plant it all this fall too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wow I better get busy soon. I slacked off in the garden area prep because of the dog days of Summer and figured I'd start up in late September when it cools down.

      Delete
  2. We just planted our fall crop of the Chantenay carrots and they germinated quickly. We are also planting the same spinach this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're too hot here now to plant any seeds but I never thought about getting some fall crops in. As I said above, I slacked off on the garden area prep, but i'll get busy soon. :-)

      Delete
  3. We grow chantenay carrots and we love them. That should be a nice addition to your garden. Can't wait to watch them grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled chantenay and they seem to be very popular! Thanks for the insight, I hope I make them worthy of their reputation, ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!