Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NADEAU HOUSTON STORE IS AWESOME

Nadeau Buffet Table
We've been on the lookout for a piece of furniture for the dining room, something that gives us a bit more storage as well as some horizontal space for extra things during (future) dinners.  We wanted something antique or vintage and it had to be just the right size.  It couldn't be too long or it would overwhelm the narrow space.  We also hoped to find something that "fits" in with the overall style and if it matched the table and chairs we got last year, even better.  Most of all, it needed to be affordable.

Flash forward to our recent visit to our favorite furniture store, NADEAU.  They have several locations around the country, but of course we visit our nearby,
LOCAL STORE here in Houston.  We wandered around for a bit before stumbling across this piece tucked into a corner.  It seemed to fit all our wants.

Storage?  Check!
Antique/Vintage "Look"?  Check!
Not too long?  Check!
Matched the table and chairs?  Check!
Low price?  Check!

Here it is below in its new home in the dining room.  I think it fits perfectly.  Best of all it has drawers and some small cabinets.  We just put some random items on top for photographic purposes, not sure how it will end up being decorated.  I'm thinking a runner of some sort on the top.

Nadeau Buffet Table in Dining Room
It's a never ending process huh?  You get one thing.  Then you need another thing to match it.  Then you need another thing to decorate it.  Then another thing to decorate the decoration...

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it when everything comes together huh? Of course this was more than 6 months after we got the table and chairs so it's kind of nice how it all worked out as it's supposed to, ha.

      Delete
  2. That does look very nice there. When are you going to spend the weekend at your farm or have you been doing that already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Believe it or not, only a few times have we overnighted. I know I know...but it's that we still have no hot water (water heater is dead and was built in so it it is going to require some deconstruction). We found it hard to get all hot and tired and not being able to take a shower is no fun. Oh sure we could take a cold one, but let me tell you, that well water is c-o-l-d. ha. But we're working on that issue.

      We have spent many weekends there though in the sense of all day saturday and all day sunday, just broken up by a trip back into town.

      Soon!!!

      Delete
  3. Great find looks to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was just exactly what we wanted. Couldn't have planned it any better.

      Delete
  4. What a perfect match with your existing furniture! I love having little drawers and cubbyholes to tuck things away in, and this piece couldn't be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I love that too, little spots to hide all sorts of cool stuff, ha. In this small house, every cubbyhole is important, ha.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! Yes, we fell in love as soon as we saw it. And trust me when I say the price was less than anything you'd find at a big box place and have to put together yourself. And this is handmade and solid wood!

      Delete
  6. i think it is a wonderful and perfect addition! oh you - lucky score yet agine - dang nabbit - while i am in the piece of sh*t cottage - bahahahahah! naw - i am teasin' wit' ya! i am very happy for all of your wonderful finds! you need to get yer butt to that farm full-time buddy!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, we all love Framboise Manor, so don't talk bad about it. Besides, remember in photography you can be selective it what parts get shown, ha. But thank you as always. We'll be out there full time eventually but we're working toward that goal!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ha, thank you! That's a great way to describe it, lol.

      Delete
  8. Oh you have created a monster in me over here in Virginia. I took paint to a pretty hutch my husband gave me, painted an old mirror from my folks, tied a ribbon to the back - and VIOLA! It matches my living room perfectly. Bless you for the inspiration. It cost me 5.97 to spruce up my space and make me happy!

    Thank you!

    PS - and now I go into thrift stores and see something and say to myself "Now where would Mr. Man #2 put this? Hmmm?" I think I may have already told you that, but it bears repeating as I do it constantly. giggle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I think! Don't want anyone coming after me going "what did you do, she's going crazy painting stuff!" LOL. Paint is a wonderful thing and honestly I never really realized until I just tried it and liked how it came out. And like you said, SO affordable! Don't forget, some new knobs or handles can work wonders too on cabinets and dressers.

      Speaking of thrift stores and paint, watch the blog next week, I have another small project (quick and easy and really cool when it's done).

      Thank you for stopping by, you're always so kind!

      Delete
  9. Desk is so beautiful.....great furniture stores in Houston.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!