Tuesday, August 21, 2012

THE SILVER COFFEE TABLE TRAY


Remember the SILVER TRAY I found at the thrift store and cleaned up?

I got a lot of suggestions on what to put on it and while I still haven't entirely figured it out, I did take these metal tins that were elsewhere in the house, put the two of them together and placed them on the tray.  I think they look nice on there.  They really match the style of the tray, almost the same design and they are even a similar color (though these round tins are not silver or silver plate, LOL).  I'm not sure what to put in them, but as many of you know, in a small house, any storage space is good storage space.  I'm sure we'll figure out something fun to use them for (suggestions always accepted).

As for the little vintage ceramic bunny, she just seemed at home there, at least for now and since we have wild bunnies living around the farm property, it somehow seems appropriate.  So until, or even if, I find something else, little "sunny bunny" can live her life happily on the tray.


Now this old thrift store find is in use once again.  I always wonder about something like this that I find and reuse...the journey it took to get to our coffee table in a little farmhouse outside of Houston.  

10 comments:

  1. How about tea lights and matches? I think it's always a good thing to have tea lights around. They are not messy, no clean up of melted wax... You can even put in a little votive candle holder on the tray, have extra tea lights in the bigger tin and matches in the other. Just a suggestion. Oh, love the tray by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, smart thinking I love it! We have a big giant bag of tealights at the house in town and I need to take some out there anyway. Matches are a great idea too, those can ALWAYS be used for something. Thank you for that!

      Delete
  2. i love the tray, the containers and the bunny - but i really love the coffee table! can you fit coasters in one of the containers? that way when you take a cup of coffee, tea, glass of wine into the living room you can take a coaster out of the container and never worry about leaving marks on the coffee table!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, the coffee table! I wondered if anyone would notice that. t's an upcoming surprise posting (it's not 100% finished). Anyhoo, I like the coaster idea too. Hmm, maybe I could split the difference with your idea and Bernandine's idea. Tealights and candles in the large one and coasters in the smaller one! I'll keep you posted.

      Thanks sweet friend!

      Delete
  3. I need your email,found something very nice in blue if youre interested or send me one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Holy cow! Thank you for thinking of us. My email is: houstonray AT gmail DOT com.

      Oh my gosh, you are too sweet. Just email me and we'll figure it out.

      Wow again!

      Delete
  4. I think Second Man should bake some cookies and you can put them on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea...for wehn company is there. Otherwise I could vote for just cookies. Here. Now. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I'm liking the sunny bunny :-D . The tea light idea is good as long as a Texas summer isn't going to melt the candles before you can use them. How hot does the house get during the week? Maybe you could store them in the fridge while you're gone and move them to the container while you're there?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like that. :-)

      The house doesn't get that hot inside. Plus we have the window units on, set to automatic thermostat (albeit a high temp) so at least they'll keep the temp down a bit and more importantly, pull the humidity out of the air. You'll see it soon!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!