Monday, June 13, 2011

CILANTRO LIME MAYO SPREAD RECIPE

Two of my most favorite things on Earth are limes and cilantro.  I also love mayo.  And garlic.  And bacon.  And cheese.  And mushrooms.  And pasta.  And...oh, wait, I digress, so sorry.
Here is a recipe that combines some of those loves.

Cilantro Lime Mayo Spread
INGREDIENTS:


3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Simply put all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.

We love this spread on burgers, on tacos, as a dip, and with chicken and fish as well.
I've even been known to eat it with a spoon on occasion.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, we love alot of the same flavors! Can't wait to try it. Thanks again, we enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi can I use best food mayo and make this recipe, other thing is if
    Use blender will it become watery. How long can I store in bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anon: Not sure what you mean by the mayo, but yes, you can use any brand of Mayo that you like. Personally, I use Hellman's. The recipe calls for it to be mixed in a blender, so just blend it until it's smooth. I can't imagine it would become too watery, but just do it until you like the consistency. I would keep in it in the fridge in a bottle for a couple of weeks at most, but honestly, it's never lasted that long around our house so I can't say for sure how long would be best. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mayo is amazing! Just made it for a sandwich spread and was licking the blender clean like a kid with a brownie bowl. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks!! Glad you liked it. Funny, I haven't made this in a couple of months and your description made me want to make another batch, ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!