Friday, August 5, 2011

BEEKMAN BOYS BLAAK CHEESE IS COMING

Photo Courtesy of: Beekman 1802
We just got the confirmation that our wheel of  Blaak cheese is ready for shipment.  For those unfamiliar, the TV show "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" (Planet Green)  follows Josh and Brent, two guys who bought a large farm/estate in New York.  Among other things, they raise goats and make this cheese from the milk.  It supposed to be delicious.  This will be our first time to get it, since you have to be put on a waiting list to order it.  We've been waiting several months now so we're very excited to try it out.

Side note, that's something we hope to do at some future point, make our own cheese.  Not to this level of course, but it will still be a fun process.  I've already dabbled with Ricotta, Cottage Cheese and Mozzarella.  I'd like to experiment with other styles of farmhouse cheese next.

We'll let you know what it's like when we get it!  It should arrive within a week.

If you'd like to learn more about BLAAK, please click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell us how it is, I've always wanted to try their cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!