Friday, August 5, 2011

CHALKBOARD DOORS

Behold the miracle of "Chalkboard Paint" on a door...







Here it is on the full length of a door...






Just the upper panel is done on this one...






Another full length door...















Here is a double panel door with paint on both the upper and the lower portion...















Here is one done with all three panels...











The best paint to use for a project like this is:
Rust-Oleum Chalkboard Paint
You can read all about it HERE

It goes on all types of surfaces; metal, wood, masonry, drywall, concrete, and more.  You have to apply several coats, I think at least three, and it must dry/cure for three days.

I really love this idea.  We have two spots at the farmhouse that this would be great.  One would be on the dining room door that goes out to the 'future' back porch /deck, as we'll need to buy a new door to replace that one anyway.  The other is an opening into the mudroom/pantry that currently has no door.  I wouldn't mind having one of those swinging doors in that spot and then if we put chalkboard paint on it, we could use it for shopping lists.  The cool thing about both doors is that they face into the dining room, so we could also use them for menus during dinner parties!

When/if I do it, I'll be sure and post step by step photos.

Now, I just need to convince 2nd Man that we NEED a chalkboard door in the farmhouse!

2 comments:

  1. We did an entire wall in the kids toy room with the chalkboard paint. Kids love it because they can draw on the wall and not get in trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted one. I watched an episode of Income Property on HGTV and they did a chalkboard wall that was also magnetic! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!