Saturday, August 13, 2011

THE PORCH WAS COOL

Shady front porch
While the porch is still a work in progress, it's also still a place of respite on a hot day and we were surprised when we were out there last weekend.  The temperature was hovering in the low 100's, and outside, in the full sun,
it was hot....VERY hot.

We did our measuring and took some photos, and then stopped to rest in the rocking chairs on the porch.  It was surprisingly cool!  It felt about 15 degrees cooler.  As you can see, it's deep enough (10 feet!) that is stays shaded.  The front of the house faces South, so the porch never gets direct sun shining into it.  We had a bit of a breeze blowing and it was actually pretty relaxing!

This is good to know, as I foresee lots of time spent on the porch, probably with a nice big
mason jar glass full of iced tea.


2 comments:

  1. I love a huge porch with rocking chairs or a swing. I'm thinking the name of the farm is the Mason Jar Farm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ kelly: Yeah, I love that our porch is so big and deep. At 10 feet deep and 30+ feet long, we have over 300 square feet of porch space. Pretty neat!

    Alas, not Mason Jar Farm....though I do like that. Probably would get sued by the Mason Jar folks, ha.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!