Monday, August 22, 2011

SWEET ONION HONEY DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE

This is a delicious dipping sauce we recently discovered.  I am not sure the origin, but it sure is good!
The sweetness of the honey, then the cayenne pepper kick, and the zestiness of the green onions, delicious!  Unfortunately, for some reason, my picture didn't come out the last time we made this.

So I got to thinking, since it's so simple and easy, why not just show the ingredients before they end up in the final product?  So here they are.  Four ingredients.


Ingredients:

1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (both green and white portions)
1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less according to heat preference)
salt and pepper to taste

In small bowl, combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Simple and quickly done, makes a great dipping sauce for either fried or fresh vegetables.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good, I will try it. I really enjoy your blog, thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anon: Thanks for the compliments. There should be lots happening on our journey soon, once work finally starts. Then when we are done, there will be all sorts of stuff from cooking to crafting to decorating to gardening. Hope you enjoy the sauce! Please visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!