Sunday, July 15, 2012

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, HELP SCOTLAND'S HARVEST

Help Scotland's Harvest poster, courtesy of: www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk
Here is a neat poster I found online at an archive.  It was related to Britain's "Dig For Victory' campaign during WWII.  Of course it was urging citizens to help with Scotland's wheat harvest.

Naturally this helped to feed the troops that were away, but with so many men off serving in the war, help was also needed at home to harvest it all.

It would be nice to offer a way for citizen's today to help, but I'm sure the legal/corporate/privacy/whatever laws today would prevent that, ha.

As per usual, feel free to click on the 'history' label below and you can see all previous posters.  Hope you are a having a good weekend!

2 comments:

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!