Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BABY MINIATURE DONKEY


When we were at our friends' ranch for the 4th earlier this month, they had to introduce us to the newest member of their neighbor's family...can you see him there?  That's Mama posing for the camera (side note isn't she beautiful?)  But wait, what is that little white fluffy tail standing behind her? 



Why THERE he is!  Isn't he cute?  His name is Hopi and he's the offspring of two miniature donkeys.  He's only about 3 weeks old and very sweet.  As you can see, Mama was always right behind, she never let him out of her sight.


At first, he was a little tentative, turning away as you reached out for him, but after getting down on all fours, yes, I was on the ground on all fours trying to make him more comfortable by not towering over him, he came around.  I can tell you that he LOVED the behind the ear scratching and chin rubbing.   

After a few minutes of that, he was on the verge of falling asleep while standing up!  He even started following me around the pasture wanting more attention.  He's just an adorable little thing and we can't wait to see him grow up.  It will be a bit of a drive to get out there, so we can't see him every weekend, but we'll try to get out more often.

14 comments:

  1. Yes, he sure is cute - so tiny and fuzzy. It will be interesting to see how/if his coloring changes as he grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know if that would change as he grows. I'll definitely keep track of him for everyone! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oooooh, I want one! Is there anything more adorable than a baby animal? If I lived close, I'd be a frequent visitor too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby anything is wonderful huh? We'll pop in in a couple of weeks and see how he's doing.

      Delete
  3. Well that would have went home in my purse. Soooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Believe me, I was tempted to snatch him up and run off with him too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't he? I was in love when I saw him. Pure sweetness!

      Delete
  5. Gosh - he IS cute. His coloring is gorgeous. I'd make the drive just to scratch his ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His spots are so cute and he even has one hoof that's a different color from the others. And yes, he LOVED the ear scratching.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Squeeeeeeeeeee is right! Can't go wrong with babies!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I wish I could claim credit for him being ours, LOL! He is just precious. I'll keep y'all updated with pics on occasion, we can watch him grow up. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!