Thursday, July 12, 2012

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, FENCE WITH FLOWERS

Photo courtesy of: www.gardenguides.com
OK, this week has been a washout.  Rain EVERY single day.  Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, and yesterday...and guess what?  It's raining again today!  Don't get me wrong, we love the rain for everything it does for the yards, the aquifers, the gardens, even the temperature, but dang if it's not downright gloomy at times.  If we were at the farm full time, I might think differently, but work, rain, work, rain?

I needed something that makes me smile and this does.  You know I love flowers and fences and this is the best of both of those.  It is a perennial flower bed, against an awesome split rail fence.  It makes me want that fence, really bad, but that can come later.  That's why I save these pictures, to remind me later of the things/features/plants/ideas I want to do out there.  As 2nd Man always reminds me, when my eyes get bigger than our backs and/or wallets, it's a marathon, not a race.

Have a great day and see you back here tomorrow and I'll catch up on all the comments you've all been so kind to leave the last few days.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, rain - would love some rain here! I would stay inside to make soup and bake!

    Great what 2nd Man says about eyes getting bigger than backs - we need to remember that here - seems we are never done planting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I wish I could send some y'alls way, it's become SO much. I'm ready, ha. Mmm, baking bread and stuff and making soup sounds awesome!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh how I would spread the 'wealth' if I knew how. It's amazing what we've had. And last year we went almost an entire year with no measurable rain, now we have it measured in FEET. Crazy. Hang in there, it will come!

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to take your rain away because we desperately need some up here in Ontario! lol, I'm lucky I have time to easily water my urban container garden every early morning but I can just imagine what our farmers are going through ... it's just too dry this year!

    It seems it's always something right, either too much rain or not enough.

    Thank you for the gorgeous photo though, it also made me smile :)

    Keep up the great work!
    SL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hear much about drought in Canada. It's funny, I just always think of everything lush and green. Wow. It's wild like you said, it's either too much or not enough. Thanks for the comment and thanks for stopping by, it means a lot!

      Delete
  4. Rain. Now remind me. What does that look like again? Central Illinois no longer has rain :( But in the meantime I look at your lovely photos and dream more myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of like when you point your hose up in the air and little drops fall down on your head, LOL!. Of course for us lately it's been like firehoses being turned on us.

      Thanks about the photos, that's what I try to find, ones that inspire me, and so I hope that they might inspire y'all!

      Delete
  5. That's great about all the rain. I'm hoping it rains more in our area. Gloomy days are great for planning. It looks like you've got some great plans in store. I love your inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glooming days are great for planning (is that the same as daydreaming? haha). Will cross fingers for rain for everyone! Thanks for the nice words!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!