Thursday, July 26, 2012

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, RANDOM FLOWERS


I love order in a garden or yard as much as anyone, and it has its place
(rows of veggies perhaps? edged flowerbeds?), but I think I love randomness in a property even more.  As you know from following our blog, we have a large piece of property that is oddly shaped and has lots of "au natural" areas.

One of you asked about what we'd do with that green lawn and I mentioned some random planting areas.  This is the kind of look that I'd like to have.

This is the inspiration type of photo for that.  I just love the random colors, the random plants and the look that it's just always been growing like that.

Blog day off, so I'll see you back here tomorrow morning, bright and early!

6 comments:

  1. Your posts cheer me up every day. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I aim to please, ha. thank you again.

      Delete
  2. I'm back! I love your inspiration Thursday posts. Have you ever considered that what you are doing on your farm is inspirational in itself. What you have is every bit as lovely as the inspirational photos you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we missed you! You are so kind and always say the nicest things. Thank you, that means a lot. It's awesome having a "friend" all the way across the "pond" as they say. Thank you, and you sir are in inspiration as well. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love that look, too. unstructured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice? That's what I like, just the randomness of nature. Even though this was most likely deliberately planted, they did a great job making it look like just a random collection of flowering plants. Love it!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!