Thursday, July 19, 2012

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, RUSTIC FARM CHICKEN COOP


This picture was one of the first I saved when I started looking at stuff for a "future farm" a couple of years ago.  I have no idea where it came from but I just remember looking at chicken coop pictures and when I saw this one I remember going "oh, yeah, that's awesome!"

Is it a fancy new one?  No.  But still I'm drawn to it.  It's probably the rustic older nature of it, the trees, the green grass and of course watching all those hens happily grazing on that green grass and imagining the dozens of eggs per weeks that they produce.  This is sort of what I imagine in my head when I think of what we can do on the side of the property by a large tree
(where I posted the planning stuff a couple of weeks ago).

OK, blog day off today so I'll be right back here tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. You'd be making a lot of cakes from all those eggs! Love it, as I do with all your inspiration pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice coop as it gives lots of shade as well as cover from weather, chickens don't seem to want to go inside when it rains. It may not have enough ventilation and the the windows under the roof could be modified to give a large chicken wire covered opening. Even in sub freezing times, it seems the birds need lots of air or they face respiratory problems. A small door for chickens with an automatic closer would be nice.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!