Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY


Not our yard, alas, but definitely something I would like to have someday.
I really enjoy this casual look and the old rocker is nice.  I guess this is sort of a Wednesday posting of "Inspiration Thursday" huh?

We will be out most of the day today.  Our dear friend "R", whose parents own a ranch about an hour and a half outside of Houston, has invited us out to their annual anniversary party (yes they were married on the 4th of July).  We always love going out there to visit because their whole property has been, and continues to be, an inspiration to us.

For those new readers of the blog, click HERE to read about their property and how it inspired me years ago to want to go on this journey toward country living.
I'll get some new pictures today and share them soon.  I think there may actually be some new baby animals out there, or so I've heard.

Hope you all have a great holiday and for those of you around the world that don't share in our Independence Day celebrations, we hope you have a wonderful day as well, doing whatever makes you happy!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day to both Men!!! i know that you will have a fabulous time out at your inspiration ranch - but heck - do me a favour and get a pic of you diving off the pier!!!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I don't like to swim (in deep water) and this is about 12 feet deep. But we had a fabulous time, and ate waaaay too much BBQ. I feel like a stuffed pig, ha. Hope you have a great day tomorrow, I'm off to bed in preparation for my new job tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice, not TOO hot but still nice. It's always good to get away for a bit to a place not your own, ha.

      Delete
  3. Those pics were lovely...no wonder you were so inspired! And I was inspired just by reading your story. So have a beautiful 4th, enjoy the scenery and the friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Yes, it was a great time and I'm home now and about to head to bed. I'm worn out. But worn out from doing nothing (is that even possible? Ha). Hope you had a nice day as well!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!