Sunday, February 12, 2023

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUPER SUNDAY

It's been a cold weekend.  Feels like temps in the 30's. Same as last weekend.  It was rainy then and thankfully, this weekend was dry. 


Last week when it was cold and rainy, 2nd Man made some of his creamy potato soup with ham.  We LOVE it, especially in cold weather.  Rich, hearty, full of flavor and the perfect meal on a cold day.

We posted the recipe HERE.
 
Today we are having fajita tacos with all the trimmings but of course that's later in the day closer to...


...the big game!  Chiefs vs the Eagles.  Not sure who we are rooting for but we hope it's a good game and can't wait to see some fun commercials.


Meanwhile, Hobart is in his cold weather spot...under the fuzzy blue blanket (that's much like our sheets we blogged about Friday).  He doesn't care about the big game, he'd rather stay warm and cozy and of course, we oblige him.  Because...

#notspoiled

6 comments:

  1. The soup looks delicious.
    I've been like Hobart; all cuddled up in a nice warm blanket.
    Go Cheifs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chicken noodle soup I made the other day!
    I'll be watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Channel ... it's cuter then watching grown men beat each other up!! Not much of a sports person ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup is the best when a cold front rolls in. I make a loaded baked potato soup that is so delicious. It's 60 here in Southern Illinois but I'm sure that will change soon. The weather is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s always good food at your house! I love potato soup and yours looks delicious.
    Fajita tacos – mmm!
    Hobart has the right idea of snuggling up under a cuddly blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, now I need potato soup and a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flannel sheets. When my husband was alive, he went to bed five minutes before me on cold nights, he slept on my side until it was warm and then moved over and gave me my nice warm place to get into. We lived in Ohio then and the house was always cold it seemed. Now here in Florida I use flannel sheets but sleep alone since he passed away. I really think a man beats flannel sheets.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!