Thursday, April 2, 2020

FLOWERS AND STONES INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Image via pinterest.com
I think we all need to see something pretty in these dark days so we've been back to looking online for inspirations while we're on lockdown.  This is something I have often thought about.  We like rocks in the garden but the ones we have saved up at the farm are smaller (think softball/slightly larger).  We took them out there when we sold the house in town (a couple of buckets at a time).  We will have them for some project in the future.

But these in the photo above are what I REALLY like. Focal points in a garden.  They look like they've always been there.  Of course in some parts of the country there are properties where someone would have easy access to them.  Down here in the flat terrain of SE Texas, there just aren't large stones like these readily available.  I'm sure we could buy them but I'm sure they are pricey too, ha.

Anyway, pretty and maybe someday we can come up with some large rocks like this.

Be inspired...and stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. I truly love flower beds that includes large stones. It really sets everything off plus gives it texture as well.
    Check with some of the farmers around and they just may have for you and may be glad to get rid of them.
    If all else fails, maybe consider faux stones.

    https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Outdoor-Decor-Fake-Rocks/N-5yc1vZcl2o

    https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Essentials-Faux-Rock-X-Large/dp/B00NOP1PAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Price of boulders: https://www.google.com/search?q=boulders+price+list&sa=X&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&ved=2ahUKEwjlrI2H-cnoAhUBXa0KHZmYBhIQsxh6BAgNECw&biw=1920&bih=967

    http://alamostone.com/product-cat/landscape-stone/accent-boulders/

    Pallet price: https://texasgardenmaterials.com/product/moss-rock-boulders-2-men-price-pallet/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower bed! The yellow and varying shades of purple is a pretty combination.
    The next time you go to the Texas Hill Country, you could probably find exactly the kind of rock that you need, maybe even for free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have dozens of stones that large that I physically brought to my yard. And, I wonder why my back is damaged.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!