Wednesday, October 12, 2011

HOME FROM THE FARM

Quick update...just got home to the city.

Furniture was delivered, but it's all piled up in the mudroom.  The vinyl flooring is all done, but the living room and master bedroom floors had just been done, couldn't walk in there, dining room and kitchen not done yet, so the furniture that goes in there could not be placed, the new ceiling in the dining room is not painted, there is still paint splatters all over the windows, there are things I saw missing that we want to have fixed, paint that was seemingly done haphazardly, the list goes on...Calgon take me away!

He still tells me it's a work in progress, but he will be done by Saturday.  Of course, the only reason I went out there was to be there for the furniture delivery, so I must remind myself that if I hadn't seen it today, I would only have seen it as of Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, but we're just ready for it to be done.  We want the house back, warts and all...so we can get on to other things.

I took a bunch of pictures, and I know many of you have asked for photos tonight.  Unfortunately, I put them on my iPhone and my iPad and those are currently being updated with the new IOS 5 update that just came out today. Silly me, I thought it would only take an hour at the most.
Current download time shows 4 hours!

It's starting to green up
I managed to get exactly TWO photos loaded before the update started.  This is one of them.  I was surprised to see more green this time out there.  That recent 3" rainfall seemed to help.  It would be nice if we could get more!

So I most likely won't have pics tonight and of course tomorrow is blog day off.  I'll make up for it Friday and post a lot of photos.  Of course Saturday it should ALL be finished, but we know how THAT goes.


1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed that it's all finished and gorgeous by Saturday. I hope I can find a WIFI hot spot along the way, so I can join in on the viewing party!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!