Sunday, November 6, 2011

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Donald Duck Victory Garden Sign
Here is a really cool thing I hadn't seen before.  Disney got into the Victory Garden movement and licensed it's characters for use.

This one was a sign, not sure if they were sold or given away, but it's a cute sign showing Donald Duck that you put in your garden, urging "Pests...Keep Out".

It's nice to see this kind of involvement in the gardening movement.  Would love to see Disney get involved again and get kids interested in gardening.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. That's a great sign! Boy, would I love to have one of those!

    It would be wonderful if Disney and many other companies would get involved in the home garden movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin - Isn't that cool? I'm not sure why no one has approached Disney to do something like this in a modern version. I'd love to find one of those old signs like this as well. I always liked Donald Duck! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!