Friday, November 11, 2011

HAPPY VETERANS DAY


Happy Veterans Day and a huge thanks to all those who are currently serving, have served, or know someone who is a veteran.

In my family, I would like to thank my Grandfather, who is still here at age 94,  for having served in WWII.  I'm always fascinated hearing his stories, even to this day.

My father, who passed away 10 years ago, was in the Air Force for a tour of duty, and always spoke of how much he enjoyed his time.  So Dad, wherever you are, thank you.

And finally, thank you to an amazing young man whom I've known since he was little.  He is currently an active  duty soldier, along with his wonderful wife I might add.  They have seen time in both Iraq and Afghanistan...I just love the man he has become.  I've often thought of him over the years as the son I wished I could have had and I just couldn't be prouder of what he and his wife have done.  Thank you Josh and Liz, I think of you both every day!

Thank you everyone, everywhere...

1 comment:

  1. Aw, very nice comments you made. Thanks for remembering our veterans.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!