Friday, November 25, 2011

TURKEY CAKE USING THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS

Turkey Cake
OK a few weeks ago, I posted HERE about the Bacon Pig.  I said then you'd either be horrified or think it was the funniest thing.  I'm pretty sure I'll say the same with this idea.

This came out last year, and was sort of under the radar on the Internet.  If you search for a "turkey cake" you're liable to find all manner of cakes shaped like turkeys.  This one is wildly different.  It's a savory "cake" made up of turkey meatloaf, dressing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, even cranberry sauce...
it's a great way to use up lots of Thanksgiving leftovers.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT IT

Long story short, it's two turkey meatloaf layers, separated by a layer of dressing, with layers of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.  It's then all "frosted" with mashed potatoes, topped with sweet potatoes and marshmallows and heated up in the oven (turkey meatloaf is cooked ahead of time).  We think it's pretty awesome and would love to do something like this at the farm.  Not just using up leftovers but just making an unusual main course at a dinner party.

It's neat when people think "outside of the box" with something like this.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I like it but would forgo the marshmallows. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya - Ha, 2nd Man said the same thing when I showed him the pictures. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we could call that a "Turkey Lasagna" , just change the shape :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny - I never thought about that, it is sort of a lasagna isn't it? LOL! Mmmm, lasagna...dang, now I'm hungry....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks stunning, but I think i'd need to mash it up with my fork before eating otherwise my mind might rebel and decide it wanted dessert not dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz - Ha, that's true, it's like tricking your mind into thinking it's something else when your eyes are telling you it's dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!