Friday, November 11, 2011

HOBBY LOBBY METAL SIGN LETTERS

Hobby Lobby metal signs

I recently blogged HERE about finding these awesome metal signs at Hobby Lobby.  I said then I was waiting for one of their big sales.

Sure enough, yesterday before I went to lunch, I checked their website and there it was, "all metal decor including wall signs, 50% off".

So I ran over there and picked these up.  They are really neat, they measure about 6" x 9" (going from memory here, could be off a bit, ha) and they are made of metal and printed with the design of this retro style "font".

I bought enough to spell out the full name of our farm.  Of course I stood there thinking "Do I just go with Seda Bolsa?  Or should I do Seda Bolsa Farm?"  I figured since they were here now, in stock, and on sale, I should get all the ones that we want...six months from now I don't want to go "darn, I should have gotten the rest of the letters!".  I even got an "S" for farm, just in case.

For those new here and wondering about the name, click ON THIS LINK and learn the story of how we named our farm.

So here they are laid out on the floor (in the city) so I could see what they all looked like lined up together.  Now comes the BIG decision.  Where do we put them at the farm?  We tossed around some ideas last night...the entry way wall as you come in the front door (over the future desk);  the big blank wall in the living room (over the future couch); around two walls of the kitchen above the cabinets; outside on the porch; up high on three walls of the mudroom.  As you can see, we'll have fun figuring that part out.

Just thought I'd share!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, those are so neat! Wherever you put them it will make an impact and look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - thanks, we thought they were pretty neat and fit with the style of the house, sort of not new, kinda old and not in perfect shape, ha.

    Tonya - thanks also! I guess now we just need to figure out where to put them. But isn't that half the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for outside on the porch. More logical. But, I'm sure if you put them somewhere else, I'd decide they were better there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DianeFaith - That's where I was leaning toward as well, on the porch. My second choice is the mudroom. We hope thought, like you said, wherever they end up, that will be where they are better, ha. I love it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - Sometime, sometime soon (ish, ha). We need to set a finish line goal, but then again, I guess it's always going to be a work in progress to some degree. Of course at this point there aren't appliances, couches, or beds. And only two chairs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how people can get creative with a metal sign. I have never been that creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unknown - thanks for the kind words, I try my best, ha. Please continue visiting and thanks again for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These metal letters are awesome - who woulda thought you could get something so cool at Hobby Lobby. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Metal - Thanks, there is fun stuff out there just waiting to be found, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any advice nohow to hang them level? have some and am struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, this makes me realize I've never blogged about where we put them, I need to do that! We struggled too and ended up using the 3M hanger strip things. Hanging them level was fairly easy with this but since we butted the up against each other, we didn't have to worry about them being straight with each other, if that makes sense. Oh, and I used some wire cutters to snip off the metal hangers that are built in, so that they would hold flush.

      I don't know if that helps, and the last time I was in Hobby Lobby, they had changed these a bit and the back looked a bit different, but I would think it would still work.

      Thanks!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!